0% say Yum
1 person voted
0% say Yum
1 person voted
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed
Teriyaki Station ($)
Japanese, Asian, Filipino, Tea
I Love Teriyaki & Sushi ($)
Kanpai Sushi ($$)
Krua Thai Cuisine ($$)
| Add Photo
Is this your restaurant? Click to add your description here.
Mon-Sun: 11am - 10pm
Credit Cards Accepted
Beer and Wine
$ - Cheap Eats (Under $10)
$$ - Moderate ($11-$25)
$$$ - Expensive ($25-$50)
$$$$ - Very Pricey (Over $50)
Good for Kids
Reviews of Blue Nami
12/23/2014 - Chris J.
Omakase - Chef's Surprise - It's definitely a surprise, just not the one you expect.
My wife and I dined at Blue Maki on Dec. 22 at the Folsom location and it was one of the worst dining experience we have had. We sat down and ordered the Omakase sushi platter (see menu page at http://bluenamisushi.com/menus/#menus7), where it distinctly describes the $50.00 platter as a "special sushi & sashimi platter". However when we received the platter, it only came with sashimi, along with two bowls of rice. Here are the issues that followed:
1. We called for a server (never got the chance to speak with the server that took our order), to ask if our dish is correct since it did not come as described. The server awkwardly replied that we were not the first ones to have this issue with the Omakase and the platter's description which was decided by the culinary and upper management teams of Blue Nami, therefore there was nothing that can be done.
2. My wife asked the server if this is not an isolated situation, would addressing with management rectify this situation? We speak with a manager who agrees with us on the deceptive menu description but that this is an "upper" management decision and there's not much that he can do but if I can put my concerns in paper, it may get the attention of the "upper management". Although, he addressed us very apologetically, there was no sense of understanding of our situation nor any solution was offered (allow us to order a new entree, add some rolls to our existing dish, etc...)
3. While my wife and I try to salvage our dinner date, we notice that no wasabi or ginger was served and the two bowls of rice was steamed rice, not even sushi rice (seasoned with rice vinegar, etc). Again, we had to call our server, who apologized and just carried on.
4. The manager comes back and offers us a sheet of paper and pen to outline our poor experience. I ask why couldn't the server simply verbally explain/warn us about the description of the Omakase dish, a few words from our server would have avoided the entire situation. The manager simply replies that that he didn't do the menu, it was written by the kitchen and "upper" management - not exactly answering my question. While I am writing my feedback (basically what I am writing now), the server comes back and we are discussing how we'll get desert to my wife who hasn't eaten much. The server quickly suggests that we should go across the street for desert.
5. We promptly pay our bill and prepare to leave. As soon as we stand up, a team of bussers swarm our table and start clearing, almost throwing away the feedback sheet that I filled out for the manager. I pick up the sheet to avoid having it tossed and another server, aware of the situation, collects the sheet from me and places it in a cupboard at their server station - no apology, nor any indication of where the sheet will end up.
My wife and I have three children and having a night out is a rarity but this poor dining experience has given left us with a more sour taste than our dinner bill.
this place has been closed for almost a year....
Train Station Coffee Shop
(Shingle Springs, CA)
ALL OF THE WAITRESSES HAVE NICE RACKS AND ARE VERY FRIENDLY, I WILL BE BACK OFTEN.....FOOD WAS GREAT!!!...
Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Great! Best BBQ if you're not grilling it yourself! ...
Centro Coffee House
Filthy dining room, the girl working had dirty clothes on, burnt the milk and my latte tasted horrible, threw it away right outside the door. (Probabl...
Log Cabin Cafe
had reservations for 11 people, on Friday at 5pm. Had 2 menus to share as the people on the deck had the rest of them (we could see 6 people on the de...