60% say Yum
10 people voted
60% say Yum
10 people voted
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed
Italian, Mediterranean, American
Napoli's Italian Restaurant ($$)
Lucky House Restaurant ($)
| Add Photo
Is this your restaurant? Click to add your description here.
Mon-Fri: 8am - 5pm, Sat: 8am - 3pm, Sun: Closed
Credit Cards Accepted
Good for Kids
$ - Cheap Eats (Under $10)
$$ - Moderate ($11-$25)
$$$ - Expensive ($25-$50)
$$$$ - Very Pricey (Over $50)
Reviews of Benton Square
04/12/2015 - Jim Joslin
Moved to Rolla in 2000, and eat out frequently. Never had reason to complain until my experience last Friday night at Benton Square. I ordered a sea food dish which advertised mussels, clams, shrimp and scallops. I counted two mussels, three shrimp and if there were any clams or scallops in the mix, I couldn't recognise them. There was a huge amount of pasta which I dug through in an attempt to find what I thought I ordered, without much success. I didn't say anything to our waiter, who did a good job in satisfying another member of our party who did not get what she ordered. Another member of our party was also unhappy with an extremely tough steak and rock-hard shrimp. I really want your restaurant to succeed because I enjoy the ambience and actually attended school there in the '50s. I may not be back until I hear that things have improved, but I hope you will attempt to improve the quality of your food. Finishing on a good note, the salad was excellent !
01/26/2014 - Chelsie
Amazing place! Great food and service, atmosphere is second to none. They seem to have worked out all of the kinks. Surprising what a change in management can do for a business.
10/22/2013 - Jkern
A lot has changed. Benton Square has excellent food and great service. Clean and a relaxing atmosphere. I recommend the Italian nachos and the chicken Caesar wrap. The sweet potato fries are awesome as well.
02/11/2011 - former employee
Inspection Report For:
400 E. 6th St.
Rolla, MO 65401
Inspected On: 02/07/11
Type of Inspection: Routine/ Follow-Up Required
1. Employee personal drink in unapproved container stored above wares in warewashing area.
2. Observed raw meats stored above ready to eat food in walk-in cooler.
3. Failure to properly date label all refrigerated, ready-to-eat potentially hazardous food.
4. ready-to-eat food not discarded as required. Observed food product in walk-in cooler that were out of date.
5. Excessive debris buildup on interior of wall mounted ice scoop holder.
6. Interior of microwave contains food spatter.
7. Unlabeled spray bottles.
8. Observed excessive residue food buildup on table mounted can opener and table mounted base.
9. Sanitizer concentration in dish machine on fourth floor too strong.
1. Hair restraints not being worn by all food preparation staff.
2. Food and single service items stored in basement under sewer line.
3. Limitation regarding the use of wiping cloths not being met as evidenced by wiping cloths not being stored in a sanitizer solution when not in use.
4. Food items stored on the floor in walk-in freezer and walk-in cooler.
5. Improper use of single-service gloves.
6. Improper storage of ice bucket. Ice bucket shall be stored inverted.
7. Improper storage of knives. Observed knives stored between prep table and steam table.
8. Food items uncovered in walk-in cooler, walk-in freezer and in salad prep cooler.
9. Observed dirt/debris along top door seal on bulk ice machine.
10. Burners on stove contain excessive burned on residues.
11. Excessive ice accumulation observed on evaporator unit in the walk-in freezer with condensate dripping and refreezing on food product.
12. Observed flooring material in walk-in cooler in disrepair.
13. Shelf below grill unit contains excessive grease and food debris and unit was elevated with bricks which are not smooth and easily cleanable.
14. Observed utensils stored with food contact surface up.
15. The employee handsink is used for purposes other than hand washing.
16. Absence of covered wastebasket in the employee restroom.
17. Paper towels not in a sanitary dispenser at employee handsinks.
18. Thermometers on warewashing machine are not properly calibrated.
19. Observed knives stored between prep table and steam table.
20. Employees' personal items stored on prep table.
21. No soap at employee handsink at fourth floor bar area.
Long John Silver's
Awesome quick friendly service April and Stephanie are amazing food was hot and delicious ...
American Taco Company
Food was really good,at first I thought it was a little pricey but the portion that you get it was all good.BUT.....a man worker came in after we sat ...
Lucky House Restaurant
The food there is ok, but the service leaves something left to be desired. If you are going in to sit down the service is better than when you call i...
South Central Creamery
The ice cream was delicious, customer service was impeccable, cleanliness exemplary, and a great family friendly environment. I'm definitely going bac...
Johnny's Smoke Stak BBQ
This place is great! I'm from KC, so I don't offer that rating to just any BBQ!...