96% say Yum
160 people voted
96% say Yum
160 people voted
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed
Hunan Gourmet Inc ($)
Island Cafe ($$)
Cafe, American, Diner, Breakfast, Brunch
Little Pete's ($)
3-D Bowling Lanes & Sideouts ($$)
| Add Photo
Is this your restaurant? Click to add your description here.
Hours: Add Hours
Credit Cards Accepted
$ - Cheap Eats (Under $10)
$$ - Moderate ($11-$25)
$$$ - Expensive ($25-$50)
$$$$ - Very Pricey (Over $50)
Good for Kids
Reviews of Hunan Gourmet Inc
04/24/2013 - Char Gordon
Have been a customer since this establishments inception and have never experienced what the negative reviewer put online about this place. They are obvious haters of probably anything and anyone. <br />
The food here is cooked fresh within 15 to 20 min of ordering...you can SEE THEM cooking it. No 'warming up' of food.<br />
They don't use 'unknown animal parts'. They would be in violation of health codes obviously so why would they do that to begin with. They use good, fresh food and my family and the number of other residents I know in the area have always enjoyed the food from here.<br />
They have a pretty vast menu to choose from and its wondeful to have such a good, faster food pickup place to get a reliably good meal from.<br />
As to the language barriers that the 'hater' posted...if you couldn't get the answers to your 'serious questions' about the food, maybe you shouldn't have thrown the dice and ordered from here if you couldn't get an answer. Who's fault is it if you still order when you can't communicate your questions? <br />
The owners are nice, social people who are always pleased to see you when you walk in.<br />
I would definitely recommend this place for a good Chinese dinner!
03/16/2013 - Vicki
We have been ordering from HG for over 10 years. The food is always prepared on time, it's affordable, it's yummy and the best crab meat Rangoons around! The place is family owned and operated, they were helpful in assisting with options for the kids. Have no idea what the person below was talking about. We have never had any problem with this place.
11/13/2012 - Matt
Some of the best Chinese food around -I have been eating there for several years at least once a week and sometimes several times a week. the food has always been great. always fresh and always cooked perfectly.
11/04/2012 - Veronica
Wow, to the rating below. Sounds more like a personal hate letter then constructive criticism. There are more mature ways to get your point across.<br />
As for the business, our family has been ordering from this place since we have lived in this area (5 years). We have never had and problems and the food is authentic and delicious. I always recommend this place to others. :-)
04/19/2011 - KD
I have always had delicious food from this restaurant and nobody in my family of five has ever gotten sick.<br />
For the price you can't beat it.
12/25/2010 - Island Lake Resident
This is where we order from when we don't want to drive to the really good Chinese food place. <br />
The food is good, and it's always prepared quickly.<br />
Don't know what the food reviewer below was talking about, as we've been ordering from this place for years and never had a problem.
11/29/2010 - JB
that person who left the bad review must have been sick beforehand. Hunan Gourmet has the best Chinese, Hunan and Szechuan food around. We've been ordering from them for years and everything is always good.
06/27/2010 - Goes out every weekend. Knows about food.
I don't know how to begin. From the phone call, to the pickup, to the food itself, and the throwing-up afterwards.....this place fails at every level.<br />
1. When taking your order, nobody in the place has enough language ability to describe the different dishes. Lots of choices, very little information. That's a dangerous combination.<br />
2. After an uneasy ordering process, I was told it would be ready in 15 minutes. REALLY? Are they actually cooking food or just warming things up?<br />
3. When I arrived, there were two people working there and neither could communicate with me. I had important questions about the food, but couldn't get any answers.<br />
4. When I got home and tasted the first dish, my mouth began ITCHING and I got REALLY thirsty very quickly. I called the place and asked if they used MSG and the lady told me "Yes, a little...". I don't know how much "a little" is, but this was so much that the food was bitter. My head began ACHING and as I was trying the next dish, I found something in there that looked like a fetus covered in thick brown gelatin. Ugh...<br />
5. Kneeling in front of the toilet puking-up Moo Shu Shrimp and Szechwan Chicken, wondering how a place like this is still in business, I swore to write a review to warn people of the dangers of Hunan Gourmet, Inc. <br />
6. As I lay on the couch holding my throbbing head in my hands, my wife told me that Chinese take-out is the worst kind of food you can ever eat (sugar, sodium, MSG, unknown animal parts). As for me, I've had too many bad experiences to try again.
03/17/2010 - Linda Eastman
Some of the best Chinese food in the USA. Great menu and cooked to perfection. Definitely a 5-Star rating.
THIS PLACE IS A THUMBS DOWN ...
Bentley's Pancake House & Restaurant
This was our third time eating here and as the saying goes 3 strikes and you're out. We thought we would try one more time thinking things would have...
Chang Jiang Chinese Kitchen
Awesome food! Quickly prepared for take out and prices are reasonable!!...
Went to Pearl's on 12/17/15 because of being in the neighborhood and I have to say that the staff was cordial. However, I wasn't impressed with the fo...
ORDERED FOOD FOR A HOLIDAY PARTY AT MY JOB 3 DAYS AGO. ORDERED HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF FOOD FOR WELL OVER 100 PEOPLE AND THE DELIVERY NEVER SHOWE...