Dagwood's Sandwich Shopps Tm
People Who Viewed This Also Viewed
Josie's Pizza ($)
Pizza, Subs, Sandwiches
Portofino Pizza ($)
Pizza, Subs, Sandwiches
Grandma's Pizza & Pasta ($)
Pasta, Pizza, Subs, Sandwiches
Barcelona Restaurant ($$$$)
| Add Photo
Is this your restaurant? Click to add your description here.
Hours: Add Hours
Accepts Credit Cards
$ - Cheap Eats (Under $10)
$$ - Moderate ($11-$25)
$$$ - Expensive ($25-$50)
$$$$ - Very Pricey (Over $50)
Reviews of Dagwood's Sandwich Shopps Tm
John posted on 03/20/2012
Hello Everyone,<br />
In March of 2012, Iím proud to say that I finished the Dagwood Sandwich in 24 minutes and then had a slice of chocolate cream pie.<br />
The sandwich itself was delicious and had fantastic cuts of fresh meat. Pound for pound this meal is insanely cheap! And the fries are some of the best Iíve ever had. Kudos to the Ohio Deli!<br />
I am no competitive eater. This was my first challenge. Iím 6í2Ē, 255lbs.<br />
Here is how I did it:<br />
Ate a big dinner the night before. Skipped breakfast but downed a lot of caffeine throughout the morning. Drove from Cleveland to the Columbus Zoo. The caffeine gave me energy to walk for hours which in turn built up my appetite.<br />
I arrived at the Ohio Deli around 2pm starving. Sat down, ordered the Dagwood and two Old Fashioned Orange Sodas which comes in bottles. <br />
When the meal arrived I started on the sandwich immediately. At 11 minutes I finished the sandwich and had one eighth of the fries done.<br />
Once I finished half the fries I hit a wall of anguish and suffering. But then I belched a bit, the torment ended and I was able to carry on. The hardest part was the second wall of misery I hit with only 15 fries left. I am more proud of finishing those 15 fries than the rest of the entire meal. Fortitude, Grit, Triumph, Resilience & Determination are a few small words that come to mind when thinking of those 15 fries. My slice of pie arrived a few minutes after I finished the Dagwood and I somehow ate the pie with very little discomfort.<br />
- Plan for a late lunch<br />
- Eat a large meal the night before<br />
- Skip breakfast<br />
- Stretchy pants<br />
- Build up an appetite (drink caffeine and hit up the Zoo and walk for hours)<br />
- Sip water, conserve room<br />
- When eating the meal you will need to mix things up, switching back and forth. So conserve your pickle, bun & drink.<br />
- Beware finishing the sandwich before eating many fries. Those fries may taste fantastic but eating a pound of any fries is a lot of salt to swallow at once. If I could do this over, I would plan it out so that I finish three quarters of the fries at the same moment I finish the Dagwood.<br />
- Stand up, walk and chew, fart, belch, focus<br />
- Bring people that will cheer you on, SIS BOOM BA!<br />
- Donít make any plans for 5 hours after this event<br />
Thank you Ohio Deli!!<br />
we have been purchasing pizza and subs there for 20 plus years, sometimes their good, and other times their sloppy sauce drips off the pieces, we alwa...
Don't go to this location unless you have enough time to wait .They are in no hurry to serve you and this is there regular way of doing business.Doesn...
the food here is awesome, very well priced, very clean and organized, the manager Manuel is beyond dedicated to always giving great service. Always so...
China City Buffet
My boyfriend and I went there for Valentine's Day 2/14/15 they had the lights down and had a lazer lights flashing, each take had a candle burning ma...
Awesome place and great food!! ...